Friday 10 March 2017

                                                 fab academy

Week 2 
[Achievements]

Week 3 -->
Softwares tinkered with :
1. 2D
    a. Autodesk AutoCAD
    b. Trimble Sketchup

2. 3D
    a. Trimble Sketchup
    b. Rhino(Not Documented yet)
    c. Mudbox(Not Documented yet)

3. Raster Based Software
    a. Adobe Photoshop

4. Rendering Engine
    a. Lumion
    b. Cryengine(Not Documented yet)

5. Stop Motion
    a. Animation Desk(Windows only-Not documented yet)


Its a great day. I skipped my lunch and visited a dhaba (traditional restaurants in india),getting to eat some amazing food. Once back, Sat with the young minds of the ashram discussing what all can we do with softwares like sketchup, inkscape, making them familiar with different tensile fabrics, which i plan to use in my project, whole day i was either learning Rhino or designing my 3D in sketchup , as i attended its Boot camp in Denver in 2016 and was impressed with it being considered a underdog yet achieving quite a few things through external plugings, i really liked the way they give freedom to their users to invent new plugins. So i ended up downloading plugins to polish my design.
1
IMAGEMAGICK
|DINT LIKE IT|
WEEK 2
2
LUMION 
|ANIMATION | RENDER|
WEEK 2
3
RENDER
| HAPPY MOMENT |
WEEK 2

<-- Week 1

Day 8 
[ Setting Up ]

Day 9 -->

1. Installed Softwares
2. Discussed my Final Project
3.Started Rhino Tutorials.

Yesterday was quite tiring, I started downloading my Softwares and its tutorials
1. Went through online resources of fab academy websites regarding Softwares, coming from an architectural background, it is my strength to design 2D and 3D on different Softwares AutoCad, Photoshop, Sketchup, archicad and revit. However, I dint use Archicad and Revit this time.

2. Set up the required softwares like Autodesk and Solidworks as got education License for the both in Vigyan Ashram. Downloaded softwares like Blender, Rhino,Inkscape.

3. Set up UBUNTU in my office laptop along with Windows 10, made a paid of pendrive comprising of bootable windows and UBUNTU, yet to try on someone's laptop as my Windows surface book doesnt support UBUNTU.

4. Discussed my final project with one the staff member here in Vigyan Ashram named Subir sir. He brainstormed with me about the possibilities of this structure and principle for my project. and we decided to focus on the design and not about the structure stability in depth as its a very long and deep concept which will need a engineer specifically working in containers.

5. The WebM Above is from my Day 13 however put it here to explain what happened this week.
1
DEDUCED PARTITION LEEWAY
DAY 8
2
WORKING IN 2D-3D SIMULTANEOUSLY
DAY 8
3
FIGURED OUT MY JOINTS
DAY 8
<-- Day 8

Day 9 
[ Detailing 3d model ]

Day 10 -->

Next day :
1. Most of my day went about designing the Hinge for the expandable walls of the container.
2. Finally able to fit in allpanels and materials within 9 inches
1
HINGE DESIGN 
| 6 PER PANEL |
DAY 9
2
COMPONENT 
| TO LINK THEM |
DAY 9
3
GROUPED HINGE WITH PANELS TO ROTATE
DAY 9

Today, Vigyan Ashram gave every Fab academy student team of 3 young students to join us and observe our projects, learn different skills and understand how the process works of any product designing, softwares, functions etc and contribute with their views and feedback. I explained my Final project , that is, Expandable Container and another project of Smart Partition, details on my final project page. 
Learning Rhino and Solidworks for now, lets see which one i use for my final project designing.
<-- Day 9

Day 10 
[ Personalising my Website]

Day 11 -->
Today is Saturday :
1. Spent whole day in finessing my Expandable Container through sketchup followed by Photoshopping elements of website 
2. Used Rhino, Made stop motion and ten GIF experimentation online. 

Today is my birthday
1. New friends i made here in Vigyan Ashram along with my Co-partner of ZIOS Makerspace, Nishtha, surprised me with a beautiful cake at 12 and call from my parents, all this made me overwhelmed but , i am still working right now @2 am, taking break from designing and writing my website. Hope to have completed my 3D by tomorrow so that i could refine it and focus on my other product Smart Partition.


1
CARICATURE DESIGN
| SURFACE BOOK |
DAY 10
2
ICON DESIGN
| SURFACE BOOK |
DAY 10
3
POWER OF WINDOWS 
| SPLIT SCREEN |
DAY 10
<-- Day 10

Day 11 
[Time to Expand the Makerspace ]

Day 12 -->
Today is my birthday
1. New friends i made here in Vigyan Ashram along with my Co-partner of ZIOS Makerspace, Nishtha, surprised me with a beautiful cake at 12 and call from my parents, all this made me very overwhelmed but after it , i am still working right now, taking break from designing and writing my website. Hope to have completed my 3D by tomorrow so that i could refine it and focus on my other product smart Partition.


Woke up early and started working on my website. I went through few templates to understand my choice. Picked one. Opened in Brackets. Saw few very interesting effects. So I decided to design my website by myself being a Designer by profession. I ended up making my own caricatures in Photoshop. I played around with HTML, CSS, Photoshop and Sketchup. Today , I introduced Vigyan Ashram kids with Professional Badminton and its rules. We all played for 2 hours and most interesting part is the way kids arranged and setup the Badminton net and stands for us to play.

1
STEP 1
DAY 11
2
STEP 2
DAY 11
3
STEP 3
DAY 11
<-- Day 11

Day 12 
[Remaining Assignments]

Day 13 -->
STEPS to do GIT :
Hola, I was fresh and energized for the day. I sat whole day and finished making my Pictograms, caricatures, sketches. Started my HTML coding in Brackets from Menu to Background to Font to Images to Hover codes and much more you will see on my website. Yes , finally I was able to come up with my basic website. But today, we were introduced with GIT and installing GIT in UBUNTU. We (Me and my other 4 Classmates) were given introduction to UBUNTU Interface by our Instructor Mr.Suhas.

Today, I sat morning to afternoon to work on my website. Discussed some projects of kids , helping them with Product Designs. In Afternoon, I went to village which was 2 kms and it was a shortcut :-/ , I ate some form of snacks which costed me only 1 Re. Had 4 different Vada Pavs and went around exploring the market and Laundry guy, who charges far higher than even Chandigarh. (Decided to do my own Laundry :-P), Came back from Village , played Badminton.
Had a very tiring day so slept early thinking and planning for my next day.
1
WHEEL DESIGN
HOPE IT WORKS
DAY 12
2
FLOP SHOW
|DINT WORK|
DAY 12
3
ATTACHMENT FOR TENSILE STRUCTURE
DAY 12
<-- Day 12

Day 13 
[ Tensile Attachments for Container]

Day 14 -->
Today is Saturday :
1. Whole day in Designing my Expandable Container through sketching followed by Sketchup 
2. Took inputs from the young team i have with me, taught them sketchup , photography for now

Its a great day. I skipped my lunch and visited a dhaba (traditional restaurants in india), we ate really amazing food.Again, Sat with those young minds and showed them what all can we do with softwares like sketchup, inkscape, made them familiar with different tensil fabrics, which i plan to use in my project, whole day i was either learning Rhino or designing my 3 D in sketchup , as i attended its Boot camp in Denver, i really liked the way they give freedom to their users to invent new plugins. So i ended up downloading plugins to polish my design.
1
FITS IN 
| PERFECT |
DAY 13
2
MOMENT OF TRUTH |TENSILE TIME|
DAY 13
3
ALMOST DONE
DAY 13
<-- Day 13

Day 14 
[Tensile Parametric]

Week 3 -->
Today is Saturday :
1. Whole day in Designing my Expandable Container through sketching followed by Sketchup 
2. Took inputs from the young team i have with me, taught them sketchup , photography for now.
Its a great day. I skipped my lunch and visited a dhaba (traditional restaurants in india), we ate really amazing food.Again, Sat with those young minds and showed them what all can we do with softwares like sketchup, inkscape, made them familiar with different tensil fabrics, which i plan to use in my project, whole day i was either learning Rhino or designing my 3 D in sketchup , as i attended its Boot camp in Denver, i really liked the way they give freedom to their users to invent new plugins. So i ended up downloading plugins to polish my design.
1
TYPE 1
DAY 14
2
TYPE 2
DAY 14
3
TEST RENDER RHINO
DAY 14

Link to my

No comments:

Post a Comment